COSMIC offers two certifications:
- COSMIC Foundation Level (previously referred to as Entry Level)
- COSMIC Early and Quick Size Estimating (since Fall of 2020)
The role of the Certification Committee is to:
- To develop examinations that certify the competence, at various levels, of users of the COSMIC method and to maintain the certification process aligned with the evolution of the COSMIC method;
- To manage the certification exam process including approving the scheduling and management of specific exams, issuing exams documents, and issuing certificates to successful candidates.
The Chair of the Certification committee is Jean-Marc Desharnais. If you are interested in organizing or taking an exam, please contact him at [email protected].
Other members of the Certification Committee are:
- Alain Abran (Canada)
- Sylvie Trudel (Canada)
- Frank Vogelezang (the Netherlands)
The current activities of the Certification Committee are:
- Development of a COSMIC sizing practitioner examination
- Cooperate with ICEAA, Nesma and IFPUG to develop certification on Software Cost Estimation
More information on the current entry-level certification can be found on the certification page. Information on planned exams can be found in the events calendar.
For the COSMIC Early and Quick Size Estimating more information will be published soon.