COSMIC Sizing Forums COSMIC Size measurement Sending information to screen, printer and files

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank Vogelezang 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

I have the following case:

1) In one functional process it is required to show the data of the clients in the screen for the Bank executive.
    1 Exit

2) In other functional process it is required to show the data of the clients in the screen, but the same data need to be send to a file “pdf” and “.xls” and the printer, for the Bank executive.
    Must be count only 1 exit?

If in both cases is only 1 exit, due to at some point we will convert the CFPs in hours the team who will develop the second functional process will have the same time that the first one, but they need to test and develop to send the information to different files, printer and screen. What do you think?

Frank Vogelezang
    Keymaster

Dear Maricela,

For the Exit part of the functionality this seems allright. In section 4.4.6 of Business Application Guideline this is explicitly mentioned:

If the same identical Exit is sent to two physical devices or to two destinations, only one Exit is identified. But if the Exits to the two devices or destinations differ significantly (i.e. beyond the completely trivial differences that cause some extra analysis or design), two Exits are identified.

The complete function 1 of which this is a part, will be more complex, for example:

E Show client data
    R Client data for Bank executive
    X Client data
    X Error messages

Function 2 has some extra functionality

E Show client data
    R Client data for Bank executive
    X Client data to screen
    E Output to PDF or Printer
    (don’t count X for PDF or Printer, since it is the same for screen output)
    X Error messages

So the second function will get some more CFP for the interaction that the data must be sent to printer and PDF as well. This is only true when PDF and Printer is exactly the same output as the screen.

Hope this helps.

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

Dear Frank,

It is not clear for me why an Entry is counted
    E Output to PDF or Printer (don’t count X for PDF or Printer, since it is the same for screen output)

As far as I know, an entry is from a Funtional User to a Functional Process. So, in order to count an entry my functional Process needs to be a Functional user from another Functional Process, What could be the other functional process? And Given that a functional Process has as minimal 2 movements, what could be the other movement?

In advance thank you for your answer

Maricela Martínez

Frank Vogelezang
    Keymaster

Dear Maricela,

The human Functional User for this functional process needs to inform the functional process where the output needs to go to. I assumed that the requirements for this process would be that the output is first sent to screen and then offers the human user the option to send it to PDF or printer. This requires an additional interaction with the human user. This is counted as an additional Entry. When the requirements are different from my assumption the outcome could, of course, be different.

Hope this helps.
    Frank

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.