COSMIC Sizing Forums COSMIC Size measurement Rule c) – Entry

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arlan Lesterhuis 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Iván Saavedra
    Participant

The rule says “Unless a specific functional process is necessary,…” is not clear to me, when do I have to count it to obtain the date and/or time?, can you give me an example?

Arlan Lesterhuis
    Participant

Dear Iván,

If there is a system clock, obtaining date/time doesn’t cause a data movement, i.e. date/time can be obtained ‘freely’. However, in some basic system architectures (like Raspberry PI or Arduno) there is no system clock. If in such architectures software (a ‘date/time functional process’) must be called that can supply them, identify an Exit for the request and an Entry for receipt of the date/time.
    Another situation is where application A needs to verify the date/time a transaction has been processed in a remote application B. If application A has to delegate the request to B (in B a service (functional process) must be available to answer such requests), identify an Exit for the request and an Entry for receipt of the date/time.

Regards,

Arlan Lesterhuis

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.