The fifth meeting of the UK COSMIC Sig will be held on 21st April at the offices of SITA, at Hayes, west of London, from 11:00 – 16:00. (Hayes & Harlington is 5 minutes by train from Heathrow and 20 minutes from Paddington. Instructions on how to get there will follow.)
The man agenda items will be
- Introduction to the COSMIC method of sizing software and its use for estimating and controlling software projects, particularly Agile projects. (This will be a tutorial aimed at those new to software sizing methods.)
- Cost estimating for complex software projects in the MoD by Sananthan Rajagopal, , who is Head of Profession, Cost Assurance and Analysis Services at MoD Abbey Wood, Bristol
- A presentation from CAST Software by Mark James, covering Structural Quality Measurement and how their product is used to support risk reduction and vendor management, CISQ Quality Standards, and CASTs CRASH Report on software quality – key findings
- Software metrics research at University College London. Federica Sarro, Senior Research Associate will talk about her COSMIC-related and other research work
- Update on COSMIC progress, etc.
The meeting is open to all interested. If you wish to attend, please contact me, Charles Symons, at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place