COSMIC Sizing Forums COSMIC Size measurement Hard-coded Catalog

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Maricela Martínez
      Participant

Hi,

I have a functional process which needs some changes, a Data Group (IdCode) needed to be added,
      it must be compared this IdCode with a Hard-coded catalog (this catalog already exists in the code) in order to get the description.
      And it must be Show that description.

Entry IdCode
      Read Hard-Coded Catalog
      Exit Show the Code Description

Total 3CFP

I would like to get your comments about this measurement, is it ok?

Regards.

Arlan Lesterhuis
      Participant

Hi Maricela,

You write that a functional process (FP) needs to be changed. Do I understand you correctly that the Entry, Read and Exit are existing data movements of the FP that must be extended in the way you specify? In that case the size of the change to the FP is indeed 3 CFP:
      • the IDCode must be added as a new attribute of the data group moved by the existing Entry of the FP, so this Entry has changed and must be counted as ‘changed’
      • the Code Description must be added as a new attribute of the data group moved by the existing Read of the FP, so this Read must also be counted as ‘changed’.
      • the Code Description must be added as a new attribute of the data group moved by the existing Exit of the FP, so this Exit has changed and must be counted as ‘changed’.

Arlan Lesterhuis

Maricela Martínez
      Participant

Thanks Arlan, my doubt was because the information of the catalog is harded-coded, and changes to move that catalog to a BD aren’t permited, so it is needed to get the information (Catalog) from hard-code, which I counted as a read. Is it correct?

Arlan Lesterhuis
      Participant

Maricela,

Data of an OOI may be hard-coded, in the MM 3.3 Identifying objects of interest and data groups, 3.3.1 Definitions and principles
      it reads

In practice, the materialization of a data group can take many forms, e.g.:
      a) As a physical record structure on a hardware storage device (file, database table, ROM memory, etc.).
      b) As a physical structure within the computer’s volatile memory (data structure allocated dynamically or through a pre-allocated block of memory space).
      c) As the clustered presentation of functionally-related data attributes on an input/output device (display screen, printed report, control panel display, etc.).
      d) As a message in transmission between a device and a computer, or over a network, etc.

Arlan Lesterhuis

Maricela Martínez
      Participant

Thanks Arlan. You solved my doubt.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.