COSMIC Sizing Forums COSMIC Size measurement Data groups in a same Functional Process

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Maricela Martínez 2 days, 23 hours ago.

• Author

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

I have a table which name is “Candidates”, it has the following attributes: IdEmployee, “Marc 1”, “Marc2” and “Marc 3”, I need to measure the following Functional Process

1) A functional user provides the information about an employee (IdEmployee, Name, Salary, CURP, Department)
    1 Entry, data group Employee

2) If Salary > 1000 then “Marc 1”= 1 (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Write, data group Candidate with salary > 1000

3) We need to check with other functional user if it has debts. So, it is necessary to send the CURP to the functional user and save the response in “Marc2” (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Exit, data group CURP of Employee
    1 Entry, data group Employee with debts
    1 Write, data group Employee with debts

4) It is necessary to read the departments that will be audit, if this employee is part of those departments, it is necesary update “Marc3” = 1 (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Read, data group departments that will be audit
    1 Write, data group employee to be audit

Based in the Measurement Manual 4.0.2, pp. 52, point a) sets of data attributes that have different frequencies of occurrence describe different objects of interest. The measure could be 7 CFP. This measure is correct?
    O we must group all which is saved in “Candidate” table as a 1 write, it means
    1 Exit, data group CURP of Employee
    1 Entry, data group Employee with debts
    1 Read, data group departments that will be audit
    1 Write, data group candidate

Thank you for your time!!

Arlan Lesterhuis
    Participant

Dear Maricela,

I understand that there are 3 objects of interest (OOIs) “Candidates”,”Employee” and “Department”
    “Candidates” has the attributes: IdEmployee, “Marc 1”, “Marc2” and “Marc 3”,
    “Employee” has the attributes IdEmployee, Name, Salary, CURP, Department,
    “Department” (no attributes mentioned)
    Here some remarks:

1) A functional user provides the information about an employee (IdEmployee, Name, Salary, CURP, Department)
    Is this meant to be a functional process? If so, the data will usually be checked (IdEmployee exists already?) and stored, plus an Error/Confirmation message, hence a Read, a Write and an Exit. You could call the data group “Employee data”, to distinguish it from the OOI “Employee”

2) If Salary > 1000 then “Marc 1”= 1 (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Write, data group Candidate with salary > 1000

Correct if limited to storage. The data group “Candidate data” only consists of the attribute “Marc 1”, the OOI is ‘Candidate’. Note that the salary must be read, so there are also other data movements involved.

Questions 3) and 4) aren’t clear to me.

Regards,

Arlan Lesterhuis

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

Dear Arlan

I didn’t write my doubt correctly, I try again.
    I have a table which name is “Candidates”, it has the following attributes: IdEmployee, Marker1, Marker2 and Marker3
    I need to measure the following:

• A functional user provides the information about an employee (IdEmployee, Name, Salary, City, Department)

• If Salary > 1000 then Marker1 = 1 (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Write, data group “Candidate with salary > 1000” with attributes IdEmpoyee, Marker1

• If City=”CDMX” then Marker2 = 1 (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Write, data group “Candidate from CDMX” with attributes IdEmpoyee, Marker2

• If Department = “System” then Marker3 = 1 (in a persistent storage, table “Candidate”)
    1 Write, data group “Candidate from System Deparment” with attributes IdEmpoyee, Marker3

Based in the Measurement Manual 4.0.2, pp. 52, point a) sets of data attributes that have different frequencies of occurrence describe different objects of interest. The measure could be 1 Entry and 3 writes, which means 4 CFP ¿Is that correct?
    Or due to Marker1, Marker2 and Marker3 are fields of the table “Candidate”, I should count only one write, even when they save in different moment?

Arlan Lesterhuis
    Participant

Maricela,

I think it is now clear to me, the answer is 1 Entry and 1 Write. When the data is entered the Employee data and (possibly) the Candidate data is written. If one or more of the salary, City and/or Department conditions apply, in every occurrence of the functional process this leads to ONE data group of the OOI ‘Candidate’. Identify one Write, according to the Data Movement Unique Rule in MM 3.5.7. There is no question of differing frequencies of data groups, there is always one of them.

The Rule you refer to (in MM 3.3.2) applies in a situation like this one, with one Order Header data group and several Order item data groups:
    Order Header
    Order item1
    Order item2
    Order item3
    (etc.)

Now there is a difference of frequencies, therefore identify different OOIs for the Order Header data and for the Order item data.

I hope this is clear.

Regards,

Arlan

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

Yes it is clear, thank you very much for your answere!

Arlan Lesterhuis
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Arlan

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

Only an aditional question, Is it the the same in the entry?

For example: IdEmployee, IdDepartment, Cedula are atributes of the table “Employee”

The functional user gives IdEmployee, IdDepartment (1 Entry)
    If IdDeparment = “System” ask for Cedula (1 Message, 1 Exit)
    The funcional user gives Cedula (doesn’t count)
    The funcional process save the Cedula (1 Write)

Must be count IdEmploye, IdDepartment and Cedula as the same group?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.