COSMIC Sizing Forums COSMIC Size measurement Add fields in tables

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Maricela Martínez 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

I have some requirements in which the change is add an attribute to the data group that is read in a table, which means 1 CFP

Nevertheless I have others requirements in which in addition to read the new attribute, it is necessary to add this new field to the table in the Data Base, whic imply more time than only read the field (which already exist)

How must I count the second case? It is still only 1 CFP?

Arlan Lesterhuis
    Participant

Maricela,

Adding a field to a data base isn’t movement of data, so no CFP. However, count one CFP for each data movement (Read, Write, Enter or Exit) that move a data group which contains the new field’s data. Note that data movements moving the modified data group whose functionality is not affected by the modification to the data group shall not be identified as changed data movements (see MM 4.4.1).

Regards,

Arlan Lesterhuis

Maricela Martínez
    Participant

Thanks Arlan. I understand that to obtain the measurement of the FURs, I must consider only the movements of data and the time to create tables, add or delete fields must be considered independently.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.