- This event has passed.
Introductory Seminar on COSMIC
May 5 @ 10:00 - 16:00
The COSMIC method for sizing software, and its uses for estimating, etc.
The ISO standard COSMIC method for measuring software size is now used around the world for measuring and controlling project performance, estimating for new projects, etc, for business and real-time software, in waterfall and agile environments. It is an ‘open’ method with all documentation available for free download.
Charles Symons, one of the co-founders of COSMIC (the Common Measurement International Consortium) who has led the development of the method, will give an introductory seminar intended for development managers, project and project office managers, cost estimators, etc.
- Measurement of software sizes and their uses for estimating, project scope control, etc.
- Principles of the COSMIC Functional Size Measurement method.
- Approximate size measurement early in a project life-cycle.
- What about Non-Functional Requirements?
- Using COSMIC FSM in Agile projects.
- Evidence for the successful use of COSMIC sizing for project estimating.
- Supporting documentation, tools etc.
- Open discussion on how to get started, conversion from existing size measures, etc.
- Summary and conclusions on the method, the future.
If you wish to attend, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, with names (for SITA’s security desk).