The COSMIC Group has released version 5.0 of its Measurement Manual for measuring the functional size of a software using ISO 19761. This Version 5.0 includes:
- Part 1: Principles, Definitions and Rules – 17 pages.
- Part 2: Guidelines – 17 pages.
- Part 3: Examples – 28 pages.
(click on the Part to download)
More specifically, version 5.0:
- eliminates previous editing inconsistencies (e.g., definitions including rules, rules including definitions, etc.);
- increases traceability to the ISO 19761 rules;
- deletes re-wordings of definitions within rules and examples;
- facilitates the teaching and learning in preparation for the COSMIC certification exam;
- eases the translation tasks into multiple languages;
The COSMIC certification exam, from April 2020 on, is based on Part 1 and Part 2 of this version 5 of the COSMIC Measurement Manual – and remains entirely consistent with previous version 4.0.2.