The roles of the Certification Committee are:
- To develop examinations that certify the competence, at various levels, of users of the COSMIC method and to maintain the examinations in line with any evolution of the method;
- To manage the process of conducting certification examinations including approving the conduct of specific exams, issuing and marking exam papers, and issuing certificates to successful candidates.
The Chair of the Certification committee is Jean-Marc Desharnais. If you are interested in organizing or taking an exam, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other members of the Certification Committee are:
- Alain Abran (Canada)
- Charles Symons (United Kingdom)
- Sylvie Trudel (Canada)
- Frank Vogelezang (the Netherlands)
The current activities of the Certification Committee are:
- Development of a COSMIC sizing practitioner examination
- Cooperate with ICEAA, Nesma and IFPUG to develop certification on Software Cost Estimation